Friday, March 18, 2011

Flowers in Fall

We are about to begin Fall here (southern hemisphere). Late March is a time of heavier rain, though for the life of me I don't remember much rain a year ago. It's also time for things to be in bloom. We have these delicious trees behind our apartment that are in bloom, and I can smell them every time a breeze comes through our windows. And I think the mango trees are in bloom. I haven't taken a picture, but I see trees that look like this:



I was talking with a student this week about April mornings, and how April is her favorite month, because it starts to cool down, and the rains let up. I remember a year ago, being amazed at the blue sky and the glorious temperature. Today I drove to Alphaville, and I was amazed at how beautiful it is: green, lush, the trees with the purple flowers starting to bloom outside the city.



This is truly a beautiful place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment